3.17.2009

Best Boss-Call Ever.

This morning, my boss called to thank me for grabbing donuts and coffee for her class (though I was grouchy enough about it) and to ask about a meeting appointment. She did a kind of out-loud mental track-back, and asked if it were St. Patrick's Day. I said yes, fiddling with my green silk scarf. She said, "Oh, and I even wore green shoes, but that was an accident...oh, wait, that means...I have to tell Zach to dress him in...okay, I gotta go!"

The translation? She got off the phone with me immediately to call her husband to tell him to dress their son (undoubtedly) in some kind of "Kiss Me I'm Irish" outfit. I can only hope, for the son's sake, that it stops there. I wouldn't put it past my boss to dress him like a leprechaun. That kid's gonna have PROBLEMS.

1 comment:

Lauren M said...

That's funny. Even though S told me last week that when leprechauns visited her preK class last year it was really just her teachers, when her classroom was messed up by leprechauns this year she was finally convinced they do exist! I guess the tooth fairy will still have to visit. Darn.