5.09.2009

In the Weeds, Part ?

The completion of my long-standing incomplete, coupled with the near-completion of this semester’s paper, leaves me closing in on the best two outta three scenario. I’m still very much at risk of not finishing all the work I have to do in time for all the graduating I have to do, but I’m nevertheless closer for all that. In the meantime, New England wakes up around me, reminds me of how hysterical my love for the spring in Massachusetts is. It goes beyond the rational—it’s like being a wind chime or an Aeolian harp, as the weather strikes every combination of chords and I reverberate in a thousand different directions. I’m startled and delighted by every budding tree and flowering plant I see; I discover new vistas and tiny cameo-like groves of beauty every day. I feel like a born-again Christian must feel at the moment of her reawakening in Jesus Christ: that I’m filled with love and tenderness for everyone, that the world holds infinite possibility, that my life could be nothing if not joyous and great, that if we all come together right now we could just give peace a chance…*


Yes, I know I’m overdoing it but in all honesty the way I feel about springtime, despite allergies so bad my eyes are puffy and red for at LEAST two weeks straight, is that it’s pretty damn good, especially when you throw a graduation in there.

Also, that thing about love and tenderness for everyone: yes, everyone, EXCEPT that kid from Tech that I met the year Liz lived on Spruce Street and we slept over at her house. And the Mountaineers lost to the Hokies and that kid is probably still the biggest dick on the planet, no matter where he is.






*all sentiments herein expressed were totally sincere, up to the Beatles part. Then I was kidding.

No comments: