11.02.2008

College Football

I'm going to start recording the various substances and material detritus left on the stairs of the Boston College campus after home games. It can get a little unnerving; WJU's not having a football team might have sheltered me from some pretty innovative and nasty celebrations. After the Virginia Tech game up here a few weekends ago, there was blood on the staircase. Enough to make you a little worried for its owner. This week was less of a biohazard but gets points for keeping it old school: broken eggs. Because that's going to smell awesome in two days. Thankssssss, guys.

Although just after BC joined the ACC, ditching the Big East and ruining my chances to watch live Mountaineer games in Boston, I went for a drink at Roggie's and some ex-basketball-turned-bouncer player commented on my West Virginia license. Giving me a look like I myself had been guilty of such atrocities, he told me in hurt tones how when he had played for BC down in Morgantown, the WVU fans had thrown batteries at the Eagles' players.

*Shrug*

Reduce, reuse, and recycle, right?

No comments: